04 August 2011

Day One As A Professional Blogger

Greetings all! I thought it would be wise to step out of the stone age and start a professional blog in order to advance my creative career. I have another blog, a personal blog, that I update pretty sporadically, however I plan on updating this one at least twice a week if not more.

To continue with introductions my name is Amanda Haskin, I currently reside in the foothills of North Carolina although I am a born and bred yankee (Western New York, not the city...). I do not want to divulge too much personal information (just short of an autobiography) but I would like to highlight my credentials as a graphic designer.

I received my Associates of Applied Science in Graphic Design from The Art Institute of Charlotte in 2004, soon after I worked as a graphic designer in direct mail for two years. After the company I worked for closed down I returned to The Art Institute and completed their Bachelor of Arts program in September of 2008. After graduation I relocated with my family to Kansas where I was a stay-at-home mother. Wishing to expand my horizons I enrolled in the MFA in Media Design online program at Full Sail University. Even though it was an intense program with its ups and downs, I happily graduated in October of 2010. Since then I have moved back to North Carolina and currently work part-time in retail as a photo technician. I am still an active graphic designer, mostly creating designs pro-bono and crafting with my mother for our Etsy shop Our Home To Yours. My goal is to reintegrate back into the creative industry full time because ultimately I am at my best and happiest when I'm creating and surrounded by creative people.

******************************************

Some recent graphics I made for apparel








Faces have been blurred to protect the innocent.

*******************************************

The goal of this blog is to showcase my work and pass on some helpful hints and tutorials. Ideas should be shared freely, but I still charge for my creative services... :)





4 comments:

  1. I arrived here from your Mom's blog. Congrats on your professional blog!

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christie! Looking forward to seeing you in the "blogs" :)

    ReplyDelete